Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yay for Joseph!

We just found out yesterday that Joseph was accepted into the challenge/honors program for next year! He tested for it a few months ago. It was hard for me to wait for the results, but I did ok. :) The most exciting part for me (and the least exciting) is that he gets to stay in the same school. We moved this year, so technically he's supposed to go to a different elementary school next year. Truman (his school) happens to be one of the schools that the challenge program is based out of. The reason it's also the least exciting.. this means I have to continue to drive him to and from school. :(

So.. is it ok for me to also be worried??? He is excelling now, but what if he really struggles in the challenge program? I guess those are questions I can ask at the open house. When I had him tested.. I wasn't sure either, but I figured they know what they are looking for, so might as well give it a shot. :)

I have some pictures to post. So I will probably be blogging twice in one day. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Congrats to Joseph (and to mom and dad). That is amazing!! We always knew he was smart, but gifted smart is soo cool! Awesome! Now, all he has to do is Doogie Howser it and pay off all his favorite aunt's bills! (that would be Aunt Laura)! Just think of his future when you are driving him to/from school every day! :-) . . .ps - of course it is okay to be worried, you wouldn't be a good mom if you weren't. But, they aren't going to set him up to fail, they'll work with him and give him what he needs. Soo cool!!

    ReplyDelete