

we welcomed 3 new little family members to our home over the weekend! We had suspisions that our Cat might be pregnant. I was in denial, but Joe was pretty certain. Well, Joe is always right of course! On Sunday our cat was acting really strange. My Mom and Kenny were over for a visit. They saw her bulging belly and weird behavior and told us we should probably make up a bed for her because it looked like she was about ready to have babies. We found a box and put an old sheet it in. We then tried to find her. We couldn't find her anywhere! I was worried she might have slipped outside. Joe went to take a second look. He peeked inside of the boys closet and found her in the boys laundry hamper. He went to pick her up and discovered that she was already in the process of having her first kitten. Needless to say, he put her back in the hamper. :) About 10 hours later she had her second kitten and we woke up Monday morning to see a third kitten snuggled next to the first two in the box we had moved them to.
So.. I have no idea how to take care of kittens. I keep leading the Momma to the box so she'll feed her little babies. She does a pretty good job, but seems to still want to be around us. She's actually laying down on the floor by my feet as I type. I'm so paranoid that something is going to happen to her babies! I'm glad they have eachother so they can stay warm. I was worried when there was just one and the Mom would keep leaving! Ok.. now that I've written a novel about cats, I suppose it's time to publish this post! :)
I might be posting some pictures of our house soon. It's clean, so I need to hurry and take some pictures before it gets cluttered up again!




WOW! That is a cool experience! Neat. How are you keeping little hands from picking them up yet? Oh, I sure hope mama cat is a good mama. Cute little kittens, ah, a few of my favorite things . . .
ReplyDeleteHee - hee, the code word for that last post was "bernie" . . . .funny to me . . .:-)
ReplyDeleteHa - ha - and that last one was "ansus" . . .tee, hee . . . sounds like "anus" . . . Okay, I'll stop now.
ReplyDeletehaha! Laura you are funny. :)
ReplyDelete